Tuesday, January 6, 2009

SANTA WAS GOOD TO US



FAMILY PROJECT


Part of our Christmas came early this year! Scott and I decided to refinish our kitchen cabinets in November. We originally wanted to do that when we remodeled the rest of the house a few years ago, but with all white appliances, I didn't feel the black cabinets would look right. We weren't ready to purchase all new stainless steel appliances at that time, so we waited. We decided we were FINALLY going to GO STAINLESS this year as our Christmas gift. Yay!!!! The missionaries came and assisted with sanding down the cabinets. The girls got involved and it turned into a family project. My wonderful hubby also installed the ceiling fan/ light fixture that I had been wanting in the kitchen. BIG improvement!

Scott and I had agreed that we weren't going to buy anything else for each other because of the expense of a new fridge, stove, microwave and dishwasher. But Santa decided that we had been VERY good this year, so magically, I got the memory foam mattress for my bed that I've been dreaming about... and Scott got his tickets to the Cardinals NFC Wild card playoff game. Thank goodness they FINALLY WON!!!! ...and as for me.... I've been sleeping like a baby on my fluffy white bed... while visions of sugar plums dance through my head!


No comments: